Wisdom tooth extraction pain/healing

Solutions
Hello, I had my wisdom teeth extracted around 4 days ago. I am still experiencing pain and a tiny bit of swelling but it has improved. I am worried that my bottom tooth suture may be infected as there is a white past near the suture that stings when I swish with salt water. I have read on certain websites that it’s normal and others that it’s an infection. I can’t see my dentist until Friday so I would really appreciate anyone’s help! I have been ensuring to do all that the dentist instructed btw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 145

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The extraction site appears healing normal. Be aware of any swelling which could be a sign of infection. The white area is normal repair epithelial tissue. I detected a canker sore (apthous ulceration) to side of the area which will heal in about 7 days. You can use Over the Counter numbing gels or try to find Colgate Orabase to relieve the area.

Vote:

Ask a Question