Wisdom tooth extraction and one bottom teeth extraction

Solutions
Hello I have been using warm water and salt couple times a day, but I’m wonder if I can brush with toothpaste on the first day following the surgery.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Avoid brushing on the socket and be careful around the teeth close to the socket.

Vote:
Solutions
Ah okay thank you so much. The bleeding has stopped quite a bit would I still need to use the gauze until blood is completely stopped? Im surprised majority of the pain is gone already.

I was thinking of buying those curve tip syringe from amazon and filling it with (warm?) water to clean the extracted area. Is this bad?

Vote:
Solutions
No, once most of the bleeding has stopped-no need for further gauze.

Hello thank you. One last question if you don’t mind near end of day two and the wisdom extraction area is giving of an itchy feeling, temptation to the point like I want to itch at it, but I won’t of course. I googled and it said it’s part of the healing process and would like to know if this is accurate.

Thank you again

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

This can be part of the healing process. Don't disturb the area and everything should be fine

Vote:
Solutions
Hello again.

I’m curious if could I start eating things like bakery bread with meals, soft bread with peanut butter, or rice? Or I must wait until the extraction site is completely healed. Been worried about an infection so been sticking to very soft food, but they get a bid bland over time.

Ty

Vote:

Ask a Question