Wisdom Tooth Dry Socket?

Hello, I recently had my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday and the following day all my teeth felt great, but the following day my left side started hurting and now its around day 5 and my left side still hurts while my right side feels perfectly fine. The pain is a intense throbbing feeling through my jaw on that side, the pain sometimes gets unbearable but it goes in and out constantly and it disappears with about 800mg of ibuprofen. I woke up the morning after them being pulled with a fever and it feels like my left side is a tab bit swollen compared to my right. Do you think I have a dry socket on my right side? Or maybe an infection? Or is this just normal? I have looked at the bottom left hole but I don't really know what it is supposed to look like, it kind of looks like the hole has a greyish/dark stuff with some white stuff on top of that in it but I cant tell very well. I have attached a picture of the best angle I could get of it. I don't know if anything is noticeable from the picture but any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

-CJ

Attachments

• 2011-11-08_23-38-28_205.jpg
    2011-11-08_23-38-28_205.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 537

Ask a Question