Wisdom tooth cavitation and chronic fatigue

Hi,

I have 20 years of dealing with jawbone cavitations in all 4 of my wisdom teeth sites. I am 38 and had all 4 pulled when I was 18. I became gravely ill in my mid 20s. Discovered by 25 that I had jawbone cavitation in all 4 sites causing digestive issues, depression, fatigue, and food allergies. Had surgery done, but the dentist used bovine bone grafts which my body rejected at age 29. At age 33 I had the surgeries redone. All 4 healed with no grafts or antibiotics. However I continued to have symptoms. I tested positive for heavy metals so did chelation for 9 months with EDTA. After last session I became pregnant and had a health baby. My symptoms in my jaw persist. Thought it was just TMJ. I had a splint made for night time wear. Still no relief. I went and had CT scan which revealed a cavitation in the # 17 site. Dentist did not want to do surgery. I went to another dentist which did a digital xray and found a root tip deep in there near the nerve canal. Talked to an oral surgeon who said it was good no one has tried to take it out and said that nothing was wrong with me. Went back to the dentist that did the CT scan and showed him the digital xray. He said that the broken tip needed to be taken out. Talked to another old time dentist who said that it needed to be taken out. My question is, Why do some dentists recommend removal and others say my symptoms are caused by something else and that to leave the root tip in the jaw? Does anyone have experience with this kind of surgery? I would SOOOOO appreciate feedback as my health has been compromise for the last 20 years. (Now mind you, I have gorgeous healthy teeth - at least that is what is said to me every time I go into a dentist....so other than cavitations I have great teeth. The dentist who took out my wisdom teeth just did a horrible horrible job and I have been suffering and dealing with this ever since. I am so ready to be done with all this!!!!) I also find it amazing that after all these years and surgeries, one little digital xray revealed the broken root tip which went undetected all these years......

Hi,

I have 20 years of dealing with jawbone cavitations in all 4 of my wisdom teeth sites. I am 38 and had all 4 pulled when I was 18. I became gravely ill in my mid 20s. Discovered by 25 that I had jawbone cavitation in all 4 sites causing digestive issues, depression, fatigue, and food allergies. Had surgery done, but the dentist used bovine bone grafts which my body rejected at age 29. At age 33 I had the surgeries redone. All 4 healed with no grafts or antibiotics. However I continued to have symptoms. I tested positive for heavy metals so did chelation for 9 months with EDTA. After last session I became pregnant and had a health baby. My symptoms in my jaw persist. Thought it was just TMJ. I had a splint made for night time wear. Still no relief. I went and had CT scan which revealed a cavitation in the # 17 site. Dentist did not want to do surgery. I went to another dentist which did a digital xray and found a root tip deep in there near the nerve canal. Talked to an oral surgeon who said it was good no one has tried to take it out and said that nothing was wrong with me. Went back to the dentist that did the CT scan and showed him the digital xray. He said that the broken tip needed to be taken out. Talked to another old time dentist who said that it needed to be taken out. My question is, Why do some dentists recommend removal and others say my symptoms are caused by something else and that to leave the root tip in the jaw? Does anyone have experience with this kind of surgery? I would SOOOOO appreciate feedback as my health has been compromise for the last 20 years. (Now mind you, I have gorgeous healthy teeth - at least that is what is said to me every time I go into a dentist....so other than cavitations I have great teeth. The dentist who took out my wisdom teeth just did a horrible horrible job and I have been suffering and dealing with this ever since. I am so ready to be done with all this!!!!) I also find it amazing that after all these years and surgeries, one little digital xray revealed the broken root tip which went undetected all these years......

I have an immune issued and have figured out over the past four years that this is all due primarily from root canals not being done properly, which left infection, and pieces of root tip, and from wisdom tooth extractions that were not cleaned out properly, leaving infection. I have been pulling each tooth affected and am actually going in tomorrow to open up a cavitation from upper right wisdom tooth. As each tooth is extracted I'm feeling better and better.

Vote:
Go back to the oral surgeon who botched your wisdom teeth and have him go back in at no charge and fix the problem visa vi that last poster's recommendations -- and you won't pay either. 20 years? You should sue him for actual and punitive damages -- he's insured, and he sounds like a quack too.

Vote:

Ask a Question