Wisdom Tooth and Symptoms

Hi,

I recently was referred to a consultant by my dentist after an x-ray showed a wisdom tooth coming in sideways. I think he mentioned that it was almost at a right angle. I have been experiencing a number of symptoms, which I have a good feeling might be related but my dentist does not. From the x-ray the wisdom tooth seems to be very close to the root of the adjacent tooth, however I've been told they are not touching and that I should go to see my GP about any symptoms.

I've visited my GP a few times now and had blood work done on a couple occasions with no problems.

Symptoms:-
  • Persistent pressure and discomfort around the back, right side of my jaw.
  • Occasional pressure spreading along from the back to the front, right side of my jaw.
  • Persistent pressure and tension around the right side of my face, including my jaw, ear, neck and up the back of my head.
  • More recently, a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm not in any pain, however these symptoms have had an affect on my life and is contributing to episodes of stress and anxiety (especially when there is pressure spreading to the back of my head). I'm on a waiting list to see a consultant and I am expecting an appointment within 9 weeks.

I don't have an x-ray to show you but I do have a photo, which shows a white area that might show an emerging wisdom tooth.

Is there any connection between my symptoms and my wisdom tooth?

Kind regards,
Harvey

Attachments

• 20141105_193032-1[1].jpg
    20141105_193032-1[1].jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 481

Ask a Question