Wisdom tooth advice

Solutions
Hi

I have a wisdom tooth under the gum, which once in a while causes mild pain and tension for shorts amount of time. I have been advised to have it removed asap, but I would like to do so back home and therefore to wait for at least a month since I cannot fly anytime soon because of work commitments. Pain is not an issue so far, I'm just wondering whether there may be other complications if I choose to wait. What would you advise?
PS: The treated molar close-by has a temporary crown, and I am planning to replace that with a permanent one pretty much at the same time. You can advise me whether that's a good idea or not. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2906_323559_15.jpg
    2906_323559_15.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 89

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This wisdom tooth is a high risk for injury case. The tooth is distally impacted (tipped away from the midline) which the path of exit is towards your throat where there is no space. The most scary is the close proximity to the Inferior Alveolar (IA) nerve which if damaged, could make your Lower Right lip numb (maybe permanently). What can make it easier is the fused root anatomy which can help roll the tooth out in one piece. I would only have the Oral Surgeon evaluate it. In the mean time, have the dentist prescribe you Peridex 0.12% (non-alcohol base to minimize chemical irritation) and rinse for 2 to 4 weeks (not longer because you risk darkening your teeth) and get the temp crown taken care of.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you so much for your reply. I will follow your advice and go to an oral surgeon to evaluate it.
If I'll there will be pain, I will not wait 4 more weeks and I'll get it removed as soon as possible. Have a great day.

Vote:

Ask a Question