Wisdom teeth problem

I have half grown wisdom tooth and swelling of the gumline in the back of the mouth and pain (Pain is mild) but hard to chew. I consulted dentist she told it is better to remove the wisdom tooth because both tooth are partially erupted and in that one is misaligned. But am so scared because my friends mother died because of removing wisdom teeth. Am totally new to this city. Can anyone advice me some good hospitals in chennai, india. Thanks in advance

I have heard about two cases one is my friends uncle- He had jaundice and Another is my friends mother she is normal only. Bleeding didnt stop, after a week she died. So looking for some good hospital to undergo treatment.

Vote:

Ace

You don't need a hospital lol, I find it funny that it seems to be the common belief, I got mine done in a dentists office from a surgeon for about $3000 today. Bleeding has almost stopped after about 10 hours or so. You are supposed to take care of it though, if it kept bleeding that was the persons problem. Taking care of that big of a hole in your gum should seem like common sense to me, to prevent infection and all that. You need it to clot as well to prevent the extraction from developing into a dry hole, as that can cause issues and infections as well. No straws, no smoking, no touching the area, just leave it be.

Vote:
I couldn't give you a good referral. Here in the states, I use Angie's List to find professional services in the local area. That is where I found the Indianapolis dentists that I trust. Is there anything like Angie's in India?

Last edited:

Vote:
Wisdom tooth

Sindhu, noone dies by extraction of wisdom tooth. wisdom tooth don't aid in mastication and it is always better to pull out the wisdom teeth. If the teeth are impacted, then they can cause pain and infection. To know more about dentists at your place, you can browse on net. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to following article....

Vote:
Removal of teeth.

Most of the doctors advised to remove the problematic tooth, In olden days our fore fathers used pastes made with herbals and also no availability of this much of chocolates and mints. In a conference of dentists at USA, decided to give utmost treatment without removing the tooth.
Try to retain the tooth with proper treatment, medication and maintenance. In unavoidable cases only doctors remove the tooth. Munching is the first point of digestion. So, maintain well your teeth.

Vote:
Teeth problem- bleeding

I have heard about two cases one is my friends uncle- He had jaundice and Another is my friends mother she is normal only. Bleeding didnt stop, after a week she died. So looking for some good hospital to undergo treatment.
sorry sindhu, the problem may be due to uncared cancer in the tooth. Bleeding in gums called 'pyorrhea' may easily be treated and this won't lead to death. On doctors diagnosis cancer in tooth for years would spread to the gums and bones and it may affect the person.
Proper treatment for tooth cancer ie just removing the tooth is well defined treatment.

Vote:

Ask a Question