Wisdom teeth infection or not?

Hello! I got my wisdom teeth taken out 12/27 and it is now 01/02. I just found out that I was supposed to be brushing that area without toothpaste after the second date. I was not told this/don’t remember. I rinsed after ever meal though. As I was looking closer at the extraction site it looks like it has this yellow tick consistency on top of it. I tried blushing, rinsing, even took some twisters and got some out to see. Is this an infection or normal part of the healing process? Thank you so much for you time!! E0D24EA9-F497-467B-8584-2B714A3EBF43.jpeg
E0D24EA9-F497-467B-8584-2B714A3EBF43.jpeg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The picture that is showed here, looks like part of the normal healing process. As healing progresses, granulation or " scar tissue " forms, that first appears yellow and then later transitions to a more pink/red colour. Usually this area is painless as well.
If the area is painful, it might be an indication of possible infection or dry socket formation, and then it requires additional intervention by the dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question