Will a Blot Clot Form??

Ria

Hi, I just had a tooth extracted this morning because of an infection. The tooth removal took a long time and was painful. The dentist said it was a difficult one. I went home and took a look at the hole in my gums. The bone is very visible inside the extraction hole. Is there any chance a blot clot will form or am I doomed to have a dry socket? Its not very painful, but from reading, I'm scared it will be in a couple of days. The problem is that the hole isn't bleeding allowing a clot to form. I tried the gauze for a long while to no avail. I have an appointment in 3 days where they would just check up on it. What should I do in the mean time or should I go there immediately (which is probably not be possible)?
I'm terrified for a pain worse than my last tooth ache and I'm currently traveling so I really don't want to visit the dentist everyday... Please lend me your expertise.

Ask a Question