Why my bottom teeth are touching my top front teeth?

Solutions
For some reason my bottom front teeth have been touching the back of my front top teeth. I have been doing this for a month or two I think and I don't know why I am doing it and how to get rid of it. Thanks.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

It is completely normal for your bottom teeth to contact the back surface of your top teeth, when you close your mouth. This is part of normal occlusion.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi sorry i mean like at rest they don't touch but then they do as my jaw moves or something. I happens sometimes after eating.
Good day,

It is completely normal for your bottom teeth to contact the back surface of your top teeth, when you close your mouth. This is part of normal occlusion.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't think you have anything to worry about. It is normal that our teeth touch as we go through active and passive movements. It might be that you are only noticing it now.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
if you are worried about your bite, maybe let your dentist have a look. If a malocclusion is present, this can sometimes be fixed with minimal or specialized orthodontic treatment.

Vote:

Ask a Question