Why am I in so much pain.. pain around left lower wisdom tooth

I’ve been to the dentist and they said it is something to do with tissue and they will remove a tooth. Not my wisdom tooth I think because of risks. I’ve tried pain killers, salt water and bonjela… still aching. I have noticed white tiny bumps in the area which seem to be emitting pain… which is excruciating. I also see one around my wisdom tooth. They said nothing about it. Can anyone see anything? Why is it so sore?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
Without any x-rays, it is my opinion that your pain is due to your wisdom tooth. It seems partially erupted and might be partially impacted as well, meaning there is not enough space for it to erupt fully into your mouth. The piece of gum that is covering the tooth, becomes inflammed and leads to a condition called pericoronitis. If x-rays reveal the tooth is impacted, it is best to have the wisdom tooth removed. Not sure why your dentist would remove another tooth, especially if the other tooth is healthy. If he is not confident he can remove the wisdom tooth, then he should refer you to an oral surgeon.

Vote:
Good day
Without any x-rays, it is my opinion that your pain is due to your wisdom tooth. It seems partially erupted and might be partially impacted as well, meaning there is not enough space for it to erupt fully into your mouth. The piece of gum that is covering the tooth, becomes inflammed and leads to a condition called pericoronitis. If x-rays reveal the tooth is impacted, it is best to have the wisdom tooth removed. Not sure why your dentist would remove another tooth, especially if the other tooth is healthy. If he is not confident he can remove the wisdom tooth, then he should refer you to an oral surgeon.
I did have an X-ray and she mentioned the tissue of my gum and a nerve being irritated. She said nothing about any impaction. I’m going on Friday see what happens

Vote:
Sounds like pericoronitis. Do you have a copy of your x-ray?
I just got it now. I had top left wisdom tooth removed since this X-ray photo.
Still very sore in that back lower left wisdom. Any clues?

Attachments

• C74018AC-8F8C-4756-9B0F-20E8B7B46B50.jpeg
    C74018AC-8F8C-4756-9B0F-20E8B7B46B50.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 14

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Definitely pericoronitis due to a partially erupted wisdom tooth that is actually impacted. Left lower wisdom tooth needs removal by an oral surgeon or competent dentist trained in surgical extractions.

Vote:

Ask a Question