White spot after Wisdom teeth removal

Jae

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out 7 day ago, my left side of my jaw feels fine and I can eat normally. However, my right side is still in pain, sometimes I can still taste blood but my sister said I wasn’t bleeding when she looked. I am still swollen on the lower right. I shined a flashlight in my mouth and saw a white spot back behind my molars. My mom is convinced it’s normal but I am not. The pain reaches down past all my molars.

Attachments

• 8CEFCB9B-8B11-4D8A-9501-7E37C4D49CFF.jpeg
    8CEFCB9B-8B11-4D8A-9501-7E37C4D49CFF.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 124

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It might be that you have a dry socket. This is when the socket becomes infected. It is best that you go back to your dentist, so that the area can be evaluated. The socket will have to be cleaned out, rinsed and then additional medication will be prescribed if required.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Not a dry socket, and dry sockets are NOT an infection, so are not prescribed antibiotics. Dry sockets occur 3-4 days post-op and are characterised by severe pain, bad taste, and foetid breath. What you are looking at is eith a bit of food sitting there (it'lll do no harm and work its own way out), or some sloughing scar tissue (also no worry). You look like you're going well - listen to Mum.:)

Vote:

Ask a Question