White Mass on Jaw Bone

Hi,

I went to the dentist yesterday and an X-ray that was taken showed a large white mass on my jaw bone below tooth#20. The dentist checked the tooth and it was alive and there is no swelling or pain associated with this area. I am now being referred to an oral surgeon to have a biopsy done. I couldn't get an appointment until next week and I'm freaking myself out over what it could be. My dentist told me it was probably "benign"-- which makes me think tumor? cancer? I'm just confused as to what could possibly cause a large white area on an X-ray-- I've had dark areas before that indicated infection-- but never white! Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?! I've attached an X-ray that I found from earlier this year that also shows the white area (but nothing was said at that time). It isn't as bright or noticeable in this photo, but it definitely is there and isn't something that just popped up in the last few months. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Lara
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 2.25.09 PM.png

Hi,

I went to the dentist yesterday and an X-ray that was taken showed a large white mass on my jaw bone below tooth#20. The dentist checked the tooth and it was alive and there is no swelling or pain associated with this area. I am now being referred to an oral surgeon to have a biopsy done. I couldn't get an appointment until next week and I'm freaking myself out over what it could be. My dentist told me it was probably "benign"-- which makes me think tumor? cancer? I'm just confused as to what could possibly cause a large white area on an X-ray-- I've had dark areas before that indicated infection-- but never white! Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?! I've attached an X-ray that I found from earlier this year that also shows the white area (but nothing was said at that time). It isn't as bright or noticeable in this photo, but it definitely is there and isn't something that just popped up in the last few months. I appreciate any help you can provide!

LaraView attachment 758
Hi I know this is really old post but I just found out I have the exact same thing as you posted here. Our x rays are almost identical and same tooth! What did this end up being? I’m worried. Thanks!

Vote:

Ask a Question