White dots on gums

Hello,

I noticed for a time now, about 3months(i dont know for sure since when those spots were there)...that i have 2 bigger spots on teeths and a couple of little ones smaller. Really small...
I have to mention that an year ago i had a treatment made for gums bleeding(periodontisis)
The spots look like
that white one from picture. They are like little points, hard at touching, doesn't bother me.
Do you know what it can be? I read about cancer sore, leoplakia, hpv..
It could be caused by braces ?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_172619.jpg
    IMG_20180916_172619.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Most likely they are harmless fordyce spots. I'm not sure what the bigger spots look like if you can provide images.

Vote:
Most likely they are harmless fordyce spots. I'm not sure what the bigger spots look like if you can provide images.

Hello! I have 2-3 of the size from the picture and about 10 smaller, like needle point.
Apparently this one from picture it s there for about an year i guess. I asked my orthodontist to check the pictures from thr day i got my braces :/
Can it be hpv? Can fordyce spot be found also on gums, not only on lips?
Thanks!

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Go to google and compare fordyce spots and papillomas. Fordyce spots can be on the gums. Research HPV vaccine if it is appropriate for you.

Vote:

Ask a Question