Which is the better option ?

I have been advised that I should consider a fixed form of denture for my upper jaw. At present I have just two natural teeth left one of which is a molar soon expected to fail - and this molar is used to anchor my present denture. I have been offered two solutions after extraction - The first is to have four implants installed with healing caps left in place for a number of months to allow bone to settle, and during this time to wear a loose temporary plastic denture. The second option is to have the final metal arch fitted on the same day that the implants are installed - I think this is called " Smile in a day ". It seems the cost of both are similar at about £12,000. My questions are - What is the professional view of these two options, the pros and cons - and what alternative procedures might be available.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Option 1. Allow the implants to establish integration with the bone before placing any loading forces on them. Then check for stability and osseointegration before proceeding to the bridgework.

Vote:

Ask a Question