When will Dentists start to reopen IF some restrictions are lifted in the UK?

Solutions
At the moment we are still in lockdown which will probably get extended.

If in early May some restrictions are lifted and schools reopen, when will Dentists?

Could measures be taken at the Dentist surgeries like -
Only phonecall to get appointments
Questions asked over the phone about the virus to patient.
Only people who are in pain can see a dentist and not check ups
Hand sanitizers to be used for patients.
Maybe mouthwash before having teeth looked at
just an idea.

Obviously if they have the PPE

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In Australia we are just flattening the curve now. I still see Level 3 restrictions such as pain relief only will be in place for 4-6 months. The UK and USA are in much worse position, so I'm guessing you'll not be lifting till October at earliest.

Vote:
Solutions
In Australia we are just flattening the curve now. I still see Level 3 restrictions such as pain relief only will be in place for 4-6 months. The UK and USA are in much worse position, so I'm guessing you'll not be lifting till October at earliest.
Do you think that they could be forced to open up with restrictions and assessments if they have the ppe as I read yesterday that over 70% of Dental surgeries are only weeks away from collapse and the government are not helping them. I also read somewhere that AGPs (I think its called) are going to be reviewed in May.
I am really hoping things improve, dentists get the correct PPE and take precautions so that they can start helping people with pain again. Like justs seeing people in pain who have had an assessment over the phone if they could possibly have the virus.
For myself, I have not been out for around 5 weeks now, I haven’t had any symptoms and no one who I live with has had any symptoms either. The region I live in in the UK has one of the lowest cases in England (For some reason the government have grouper mine and another region together, so I did the math and looked the cases up)

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Lots of surgeries over here closed up a few weeks ago. The largest corporate chain with 96 surgeries closed 73 of them in one day. I've had to stand down 6 of my staff (2 dentists, 4 DAAs) currently working me, my wife, a receptionist, and a steri bay assistant. The Govt have supplied some financial assistance to my staff, and there are certain restrictions on the rent I pay and a few other minor subsidies. It's not so much the PPE - what we use is not enough to handle COVID cases up close in our environment. Most dentistry in Australia is private (or corporate, and most public dental clinics are down by about 2/3 operational too.

Vote:
Solutions
Lots of surgeries over here closed up a few weeks ago. The largest corporate chain with 96 surgeries closed 73 of them in one day. I've had to stand down 6 of my staff (2 dentists, 4 DAAs) currently working me, my wife, a receptionist, and a steri bay assistant. The Govt have supplied some financial assistance to my staff, and there are certain restrictions on the rent I pay and a few other minor subsidies. It's not so much the PPE - what we use is not enough to handle COVID cases up close in our environment. Most dentistry in Australia is private (or corporate, and most public dental clinics are down by about 2/3 operational too.
Not the case here. Government wont help them. I just hope that we show improvement so somethings can get lifted and dentists can help people in pain again.

Vote:

Ask a Question