whats wrong with my mouth

i have very bad anxiety so any change or symptom sends me over the edge, im constantly googling cancer symptoms etc. my mouth is normally normal looking and im good with my oral hygiene but it looks weird lately, white line on each side and some white patches thats the only way i think to describe them, also a stale taste in my mouth sometimes and it gets quite dry.
20210603_095244.jpg
20210603_101539.jpg
20210603_110022.jpg
20210603_122913.jpg
should i be worried

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The white lines in your cheeks seems like Linea Alba. This usually happens in people that bite their cheeks and this is common in people that suffer from anxiety. If these areas don't become ulcerated, it is not necessary to worry and only observation is required. Dry mouth can sometimes predispose you to fungal infections. Try taking frequent sips of water during the day and chew some sugar-free gum. This stimulates salivary flow. You can also try and rinse with a chlorhexidine mouth rinse to disinfect the mouth. If you get a thicker coating on your tongue, especially one that you can scrape off, it means that you possibly have a fungal infection and your dentist will need to prescribe anti-fungals.

Vote:
Good day

The white lines in your cheeks seems like Linea Alba. This usually happens in people that bite their cheeks and this is common in people that suffer from anxiety. If these areas don't become ulcerated, it is not necessary to worry and only observation is required. Dry mouth can sometimes predispose you to fungal infections. Try taking frequent sips of water during the day and chew some sugar-free gum. This stimulates salivary flow. You can also try and rinse with a chlorhexidine mouth rinse to disinfect the mouth. If you get a thicker coating on your tongue, especially one that you can scrape off, it means that you possibly have a fungal infection and your dentist will need to prescribe anti-fungals.
thankyou so much for replying it was very helpful as i was so worried, could you also tell me what this is? whatever it is its less swollen on the other side is that normal
20210606_154445.jpg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That is part of your palatoglossal and palatopharyngeal folds. Sometimes the one side can be slightly more developed, but this is still normal anatomy.

Vote:

Ask a Question