What to do about pain in mouth after tooth extraction?

On tooth number 14 top left I had a filling that broke and chipped my tooth. After the filling fell out and I was experiencing pain my dentist said that there was an absess and I needed to get a root canal and crown. After the root canal and crown were placed I would still every couple of months experience shooting pain up to my ear and under my eye. Then a couple months ago the pain was severe and constant and swelling was in the gums again. The dentist then said I should either re-treat the root canal or extract the tooth. I was tired of dealing with the tooth and all the antibiotics so I had the tooth extracted. Now one month after the extraction I am feeling pain and pressure in the farthest back tooth that is right next to the extracted tooth. I was told that in x-rays the tooth does not appear to look like there is a problem. There is also a crown on that tooth. The extraction sight I am told looks like it is recovery well as well. I am still however experiencing pain and pressure in my back tooth that is also making my ear hurt and feel warm to the touch.
What type of doctor or dentist should I go to to figure out what is wrong with my mouth. My oral surgeon was not able to figure out why I feel the pain.

I have a lot of faith in an Endodontist in this case. It sounds like #15 ,(the crowned tooth) is in need of a rootcanal. Fact is that many a crowned tooth has a good chance of needing a rootcanal later on in life Let an Endodontist do some vitality testing sooner than later to hopefully avoid prolonged and possibly more pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question