What is this?

So I have been on holiday abroad for a week, I started having pain on my gum about 4 days ago, I have good dental hygiene so I dont really understand what has happened. Anyone got any idea what this is? Its caused my gum to recede in a matter of a few days & it's only getting worse

Attachments

• 20191228_232053.jpg
    20191228_232053.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 150

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like trauma - scraped, burnt, ? The gum also has previously receded a bit; that is not recent recession. I'd wait and see.

Vote:
Looks like trauma - scraped, burnt, ? The gum also has previously receded a bit; that is not recent recession. I'd wait and see.
Thank you for your reply. This was 3 days ago and it only seems to be getting worse. Can you see what I mean about the recession over only a few days?

Attachments

• 20191229_090205.jpg
    20191229_090205.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 117

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If it is not trauma, then it may be an autoimmune response. We are only guessing without x-ray image, full medical history, etc. Did you use a new toothpaste, oral rinse, whitening or any other mouth products that seemed to irritate? Do you use any cinnamon, herbal, and or naturopathic products? Stress from an overseas trip can throw your immune system off balance. My guess besides trauma is herpetic (viral triggered by stress) or autoimmune response. If the lesion is diagnosed as herpetic, have a doctor/dentist prescribe you Acyclovir. If autoimmune, get Kenalog in Orabase. If unknown and very painful, start with Acyclovir or Valacyclovir (don't use Kenalog if it is viral because it suppresses your immune system to fight off the virus) and if not responding in 3 days, switch to Kenalog and try to identify any source mentioned above and stop using it.

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yasmin

Latest Threads