What is this lump in my upper gum?

Hi! I've had a lump right above one of my front teeth on my gum, it's been swollen now for a few weeks, I've taken antibiotics but still hasn't went away. It's sore too touch and just 2 days ago it went from a red lump to now a yellowish lump.

I have not yet been to the denstist due to the coronavirus, I've attched pics!

Attachments

• 20200523_005925.jpg
    20200523_005925.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20200523-005943_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-005943_Gallery.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 115

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

From the picture is does look you have an abscess on the associated tooth. This can be verified with a good peri-apical radiograph as well as a clinical examination from a dentist.
It could be that there is decay, or that a filling on the tooth has secondary decay, that is not visible in the photo, and it is an indication that the nerve has died.
It is important to note that antibiotics prescribed by a medical doctor or dentist, doesn't always take the infection away completely, and that antibiotics is never a solution to the problem.
If the swelling becomes bigger or the tooth becomes painful, it is better to rather go and see a dentist, so that a thorough examination can be done, to prevent complications that could lead to eventual tooth loss.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The yellow change in colour might be because the abscess has become more fluctuant and the abscess might start forming a draining fistula. Tooth might need a root canal treatment to be performed.

Vote:

Ask a Question