What is the person called who creates crowns for implants? I am trying to figure something out about shape/design.

Jan 27, 2021
I have two implants (7 & 10). One of them has already failed once and I've needed to have it replaced. There is like 30% bone-loss already on the second, but it seems to be staying there. Anyway, the reason this keep happening is due to food particles getting trapped behind the crown. I was told it's more prone to this due to how deep the implant is placed.

What I am trying to figure out is this. I want to get new (gold) crowns for the implants. Is there a particular way that the crown itself can be shaped beyond the gum line where food particles can no longer become trapped up there causing abscesses?



Verified Dentist
Jun 14, 2018
The answer to the question on the person who fabricates crowns for implants and teeth in general is a dental ceramist. Usually only the dentist communicates with that technician. The ceramist can modify most details but it needs to be communicated beforehand.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question