What is included in root canal cost?

Discussion in 'Endodontics' started by Alex525, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Alex525

Alex525

• Hi
    I had root canal surgery today and was just wondering what should be included in the cost.

I was charged separately for the local anaesthesia, 2 X-rays,pre Endodontic treatment and a temporary filling as I have to go back for part 2 later this week.

When I go back I have to pay the full cost of the root canal surgery in addition to the above that I have paid . Is this right?

Thanks

Alex

Alex525, Mar 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Alex525

acnso169

I seems they can charge any tasks that is necessary to do the root canal surgery. Therefore a written treatment plan is better.

acnso169, Mar 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Alex525

Busybee

I'm not sure where you live but in the UK you are usually given a set price for the whole procedure. IMO surgeries that charge in the way you describe mislead patients on cost. But it also makes patients anxious in the middle of treatment as they start to worry about costs adding up. I once came across such a surgery in the UK many years ago. I didn't go back after the "free consultation".

Busybee, Mar 16, 2018
    MattKW likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question