What is a 1st-Order Rotation Bend Exactly?

Hi!

Question: I have braces but my upper-left canine (tooth #2.3) is a slight mesial rotation towards the palate. I have been trying to tell my ortho the problem but he doesn't seem to understand what i mean entirely. He's tried to do a detail bend to correct it but i feel after 3 attempts the bend is not working and my canine is still incorrectly positioned. So i would like to better describe the problem to him. So to be clear:

My tooth #2.3 is mesially rotated towards my palate. Which means that its distal surface is a tad rotated facially (labially). So my thinking is it needs a 1st-order rotation bend? Is that the correct terminology for it? I say this because 1st order bends are all about step-ins and step-outs and so i am looking to step-out the mesial surface, but at the same time step-in its distal surface. By doing so at the same tine would result in a rotation around its long axis. The bend i am thinking would look like this (see attached image).

Is that correct? If you can give me the problem wording i would say to my ortho that would be great. Thanks very much!

Attachments

• mytooth.gif
    mytooth.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

Ask a Question