What do I do?

Over the weekend, I began experiencing this horrible on and off pain in my first molar upper left side. Recently I've had a lot of dental work done. As I woke up this morning the pain was terrible when I would eat or drink anything. Went into my dentist and they discovered the filling that was place in this tooth was very deep it was beginning to get dark at the very base and at this point I was advised to get a root canal. My insurance doesn't cover the root canal, and the dentist won't accept payment plans. I'm not sure whether I should try to go through with the root canal and spend the money or get the molar extracted and possibly an implant in the future when I can afford it. My one thing is, is my wisdom teeth haven't came in on this side. If I get the molar extracted, is it possible that my back molar would move forward and close the gap partially to let the wisdom tooth move in. I'm trying to make sure I make the right decision, but quick, as the pain is not lessening. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weekendmaid

Latest Threads