What can be done about this?

So, ever since I had my 2 kids, my teeth have gotten so bad. Particularly this one tooth and it's getting worse and actually starting to hurt. Its like my tooth is decaying. Its in between my 2 teeth. I haven't been to the dentist in about 10 years. I know, that's bad. But I just started a new job and I'm waiting on my insurance to take a effect and then I'll make an appointment. I'm just wondering what you think they're going to do about this? I'm terrified of the dentist and just want to prepare myself. Thank You!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Best case scenario, is that you will need a small filling. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like the nerve might be irritated due to the caries. If the nerve is reversibly inflammed, it most likely means, that you will need just a filling. But if the pain becomes spontaneous and lingers, it might be that nerve is irreversibly damaged, in which case a root canal would be a likely result.
It's best to not wait too long.
The longer you wait, the more expensive the treatment becomes.

Vote:

Ask a Question