What are the top things patients look for in their dentists?

Hello,

I am putting together some literature for my patients, and for prospective patients, and am interested in learning some of the more common issues that draw patients to a particular dentist, and which things might keep a person away from a particular practice.

What do you think? Thanks in advance..

Dr. Huang.

As an older person, I've noticed that doctors nowadays, have neither the time nor the interest to really listen to their patients, What used to be considered a good bedside manner has gone the way of the Dodo. Doctors have too many patients to have the patience it requires to adequately attend to their needs.

Vote:
I have tons of dentists in my area. One said the dentist market here was over-saturated.

For me having the cash cost of procedures listed on their web site is a big plus. Being low cost is most important to me. Reviews are important.

Being upfront about what they bill for and how much before they provide whatever service. Once he asked me if I had any questions. I asked about pain in my palate due to another dentist's dental implant- he charged me $30 for his response talking about stem cell healing he learned about at a convention... I never should have paid that. I never went back though. Good riddance.

Vote:
Thank you for the questions! I really appreciate the feedback. As I mentioned before, I am always looking to better my practice, and questions like these are a help to that effect.

In response to:
snaggletooth - I agree that medical professionals are busy and getting busier, and this reflects in time spent with patients, and in some cases, the quality of those interactions can go down. Whether this is due to changes with regard to insurance (as is stated in articles and forums elsewhere, offline) I am not sure. What I do know is that I strive to keep this concern in mind when attending to my clients. Asking questions, and listening to answers, is a first step, and this extends outwards from the dentist/ doctor, to everyone that the client interacts with while in my office.

paula ggibson - This is a question with a complex answer, and I appreciate you asking it. The cost of dental procedures does seem to vary, and is expensive, relative to other countries. I do not claim to be an expert in the area of relative dental costs; however, the many individual units in the chain of dental care - from salaries, to rent for offices, to insurance, and specialized machinery (for example, machines t omake custom milled crowns, in-house)- do add up and are expensive. That said, costs do vary, and I always recommend that prior to a procedure, interview different dental practices and ask questions. Be sure to ask about insurance and any financing options that they may provide. I hope that this helps!

svor1988 - Thank you for your response. I agree that reviews are important.
Although I see points both for and against listing costs on a website - not having such costs listed can encourage someone to call in and have their questions answered while making options for them easier to create- I agree wholeheartedly about being up front about costs prior to a procedure being done. Transparency with regard to how much the total will be, and how much would be covered by that particular insurance, is good for everyone involved. I hope you found another dental office more to your liking.

Thank you again, everyone, for your replies. And please keep more coming.

Dr. Huang,
https://novapremierdental.com/

Vote:

Ask a Question