What are the risks of putting under a 3 year old for dentistry

Our 3 year old has to get a few fillings and one tooth pulled. Apparently the only way to do that with this age group is to put them under. I know that we really do not have an option as the dental work needs to be done but we are have been postponing the procedure because we are horrified. The thought of our 3 year old made unconscious is unbearable. Does anyone know what the percentual risk is of healthy children not waking up from an anasthetic. I just don’t know how to bring myself to do this and all the while his teeth keep decaying more. Thank you for your input.

I think filling is not a good idea at this age, as your child has baby tooth right now, so wait until at least age 5. Anaesthetic or any other method is not a good idea. Good Luck Dear.

Vote:
Hi, Nikjksdfj. Really felt sad for your little one. Making your kid Anaesthetic is a doubtful thing. Because we don’t know how the child will react to that kind of drugs. My child had undergone an oral sedation at sierra dental, Calgary. But he is 7 years old. And the sedation was given by consumption of a pill. I don’t know whether this method is applicable to your kid. Before starting a treatment make sure that you have consulted the right doctor.

Vote:

Ask a Question