visit dentist and periodontist for three times in 2015

I am living in the nightmare, worries, and struggling about the health of my teeth and the expensive treatment since 2015. I have visited three different dentists / periodontists in Hong Kong (which should be a city of high reputation in medicine and dentisty), BUT three different dentists / periodontists gave me different and contradictory comments about my teeth. It was only in 2 months time.

visited (a general dentist Dr. Chan) on 10 Feb 2015
His comment about my teeth
- Very dirty, require a simple cleaning, you have SERIOUS gum recession. Try to floss more.

visited (a periodontist Dr. Lee, Associate Professor of Periodontology Unit) His clinic located in the city center of Hong Kong and his first consultation was very costly. on 20 Mar 2015
- No loose teeth, gum recession is NOT SERIOUS, but some teeth has depth pocket 7mm which you should be concerned about. You have quite SERIOUS gum inflammation and you are in the early stage of periodontitis. You are strongly advised to have the deep cleaning treatment for full mouth which costs approx. USD 5000, this include some stitches and follow up consultations. The treatment is not urgent for you, but necessary, you can think about it first.

visited (a general dentist Dr. Yu) on 4 April 2015
- No loose teeth, the gum recession is NOT SERIOUS. Gum inflammation is NOT SERIOUS, what you need is a simple cleaning and extract the wisdom teeth. You don't really need to spend thousands of bucks for deep cleaning, not necessary at all. Who is the periodontist you are visiting? Why do you trust him so much?

I am lost, totally lost after visiting three licensed and legal dentists. They don't have agreement and some comments vary very greatly - Serious gum inflammation and not much gum inflammation. Serious gum recession and I can't see you have much gum recession now.

Ask a Question