Very visible thick white lines on teeth after whitening!?

My fiance and I got "professional" LED teeth whitening today and he has a thick visible white spots across the middle of his top teeth that look like a white band almost :confused:

Will this go away or is there something we can urgently do? Our wedding is in just few days...(my teeth are absolutely fine)

Attachments

• after9.jpg
    after9.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14,230
White spots after teeth whitening

Actually those white spots are not caused from whitening. They were there before the procedure also, but not noticeable. They are areas of hypo-calcified enamel, which unfortunately, won't disappear even after your teeth rehydrate. For complete elimination of white spots, there is a process called remineralizing enamel. The procedure includes treating the teeth surface with micro air-abrasion or etchant, and subsequent application of amorphous calcium phosphate every day for a period of 2 weeks. During this period, you may observe slight improvement or complete removal of white spots. If you still notice any, then you need to undergo one more treatment session. During the second session, you will be completely free from those white spots and you can have a beautiful and brighter smile.

Vote:
Those Are Normal

those are normal. when u whiten they just appear, if u consult your dentist he says that the lines will appear, they always do for me, but they will go away, believe me. idk y its just the reaction, but during the day or so that u have them, dont worry u can only notice them if your standing nose to nose with someone, and the farther back the more the streaks just blend and look whiter.
best of luck! i love teeth especially white teeth.

Vote:
Teeth sometimes seem to have white spots after whitening, which is normal, and they typically go away after a number of days. Some people have white spots before they whiten. These tend to worsen after whitening, but the contrast subsides after a few days.

Vote:
My best friend Ysa had some lines, too after several sessions of teeth whitening. Nancy is right, nothing to worry. Those thick visible lines are safe and it will often begin to blend in again after a few days. I asked my dentist (Dr. David Frey in Beverly Hills) about this and he sad that those white lines were present prior to the bleaching treatment. He said that line decalcified, but the bleaching makes them even whiter, as it makes the rest of the teeth whiter as well.

Vote:

Ask a Question