Very Small Abscess Near Root Canaled Tooth

Hello,
I noticed that I have a very small white pimple near tooth #20. This tooth used to be an anchor for a bridge. Had a bridge for 20 years, but needed replacement. Dentist (not the one who made the original bridge) made a new one. But before he did, he sent me for a root canal. Both anchor teeth were root canaled. New bridge was problematic. Top of tooth #18 broke off inside the bridge. Which, of course, made the bridge unusable. Had to get #18 extracted a couple of years ago. Dentist cut bridge and made a crown for #20.
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a small white pimple near, but not under #20. It's very small. It is at the part of the gum where it slopes down towards the extraction site of the tooth where the bridge was over. It is not directly under #20. It looks like it is a bit smaller than it was last week. There is no swelling or pain.

I'm going to the dentist in two days to get it checked out. I'm worried that #20 will need to be extracted, too. Or maybe the root canal is failing.

Any ideas what may be the problem?

Thank you.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Might be the root canal giving problems. Impossible to say without any photos or xrays.

Vote:
Good day

Might be the root canal giving problems. Impossible to say without any photos or xrays.
Thank you. I went to the dentist yesterday. Took x-rays. Said everything looks absolutely fine with the tooth and there is no infection. The crown on that tooth is a bit loose, I was told, so he put in an approval for a new crown with my insurance. Dentist said I could have some gum irritation, but there was nothing on the images that shows anything wrong.

Vote:

Ask a Question