veneer wrong colour

Hi I hope somebody can give Me some advice. I got a composite veneer a few weeks back and whitened with opulance gel take home kit before this and was happy with the shade. I was unhappy with the colour of the veneer straight away as it was noticeably darker than the rest of my teeth. I asked my dentist if he could change it and he seemed irritated and refused, saying the colour rest of the teeth will die down to match the veneer after a few days. Well they haven't. what was the point in paying a lot of money to have them whitened if he puts in a veneer that is a darker shade as my original teeth! Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could let me know if whitening the tooth behind my veneer will make the front appear whiter? I don't want to go back to the same dentist and can't afford to pay anyone else to rectify his mistake. x

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dental bleaching may not last life long.And as said,it may eventually become the older shade and then be matching with that of the veneer. But it takes time.
The best thing to do was,to do whitening first,then have a veneer of the shade as exactly as the whitened teeth.Upon the teeth getting darker,you could have revived it with a dose of bleach at regular intervals and get it matching with the veneer.
You can consider changing the veneer now. Bleaching from behind, will not make much change in its shade.

Stay cool.
dr.mins

Vote:
I would suggest visiting an aesthetic dentist in your area that can professionally whiten your teeth and your tooth veneer to the same color. This will give you the white smile you are looking for, and it will keep you on track with future teeth whitenings. The effects of a professional teeth whitening will also last much longer than store-bought whitening kits, so you will worry less about your teeth not matching the color of your veneer.

Vote:

Ask a Question