Veener/cap on to a metal tooth

Hi my veener or cap fell off a metal tooth in the front and i crunch it in half so is no good now has lasted 25 years so was good, i went to the dentist and they said the metal tooth would need to be removed from its post which they could not even budge so they said they would need drill it off and maybe if they damaged the post and have to renew it, but maybe the tooth would not hold a new post so a denture put in so i came away to check.

Before in 1994 the the cap use to break or crack around every two years and were ceramic, the last one was porcelin so lasted, the lady just put adhesive to on the cap/veener blow dried it then put the cerment on and it lasted 25 year this denist said they dont do it this way now as it is not strong and the cement will not hold out, i have some at home here and it says is perment bond for metal seems strange the cement must still work and with an adhesive add to the cap would bond the front also.

Ask a Question