Vampire teeth, help!?!?

I've been so self conscious for years about smiling. I look like a vampire! I don't know if my canine teeth are too pointy or if the teeth next to them are too small?

What would be the best way to fix this?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190429-142830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190429-142830_Gallery.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_20190429-143020_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190429-143020_Gallery.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 303

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Have your dentist evaluate your bite. The canines are important in "guiding" your bite when you chew side to side so the other teeth doesn't "crash" into each other. The "smaller" teeth is always smaller than the middle front incisor. If it is not realistic to trim the canines and keep canine guidance, you may consider veneers on the smaller teeth.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you do anything, it might make it "better looking" if you build out the lateral incisors with composites.

Vote:
I've been so self conscious for years about smiling. I look like a vampire! I don't know if my canine teeth are too pointy or if the teeth next to them are too small?

What would be the best way to fix this?

Thanks
Just my unprofessional opinion, you have perfect teeth.

Vote:
Solutions
Just my unprofessional opinion, you have perfect teeth.

I totally agree. Any cosmetic dentistry intervention would create a bigger problem and would not make the OP happy because a dentist can hardly ever replicate nature and nobody appreciates nature until it is gone. There is also no cosmetic dental work that leaves no long term maintenance needs. As a "smile design" dentist once said to me it's a trade off between function and aesthetics. If you are dissatisfied with what nature has provided then you will never be satisfied with imitation of nature. Because in 99% of cases nature is superior to any human intervention.

Vote:

Ask a Question