Upper teeth extraction with implants

Solutions
Getting ready for all upper teeth removal plus two implants and implant supported denture on Wednesday! Will I be eating? Will there be a lot of bleeding? How long to recover? Need to know what to expect!!:oops: Thanks for any info!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

When a full upper dentectomy is done, there will be some bleeding obviously. The bleeding should become less and less during the day, with minimal if no bleeding the next day. The pressure of the denture on the sockets helps to facilitate the bleeding to stop. I would advise to stick to a soft diet for the first 2 weeks. Thereafter gradually build up to a more normal diet. And follow the post op instructions given by the surgeon.
Recovery depends on the patient as well as the operator. This is influenced by various factors such as number and difficulty of extractions, surgical or normal extractions, size of wound areas, post operative care by the patient according to the instructions given by the surgeon etc.
Usually after about 2 weeks, healing should have progressed quite nicely and after 1 month, you should be feeling a lot better. Bone can take from 6 months until 1 year to fully stabilize.

Hope this helps.

Vote:
Solutions
Good day,

When a full upper dentectomy is done, there will be some bleeding obviously. The bleeding should become less and less during the day, with minimal if no bleeding the next day. The pressure of the denture on the sockets helps to facilitate the bleeding to stop. I would advise to stick to a soft diet for the first 2 weeks. Thereafter gradually build up to a more normal diet. And follow the post op instructions given by the surgeon.
Recovery depends on the patient as well as the operator. This is influenced by various factors such as number and difficulty of extractions, surgical or normal extractions, size of wound areas, post operative care by the patient according to the instructions given by the surgeon etc.
Usually after about 2 weeks, healing should have progressed quite nicely and after 1 month, you should be feeling a lot better. Bone can take from 6 months until 1 year to fully stabilize.

Hope this helps.
It's a big help! Thank you so much for the reply. My dentist has been working diligently for many years to avoid this result, but with years of dental issues and in the past several years fighting against auto-immune dry mouth we have lost the battle. I am of course very anxious about the unknown. Thank you again.

Vote:

Ask a Question