Upper molar pain

hello, my upper right second molar is aching. Was told it was coming from my wisdom tooth next to it so I had it removed 11 days ago but the pain is still there. Any clue? X-ray attached. Thanks

Attachments

• 81BABC74-E90C-4B78-9068-3411F6C15F3C.jpeg
    81BABC74-E90C-4B78-9068-3411F6C15F3C.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 235

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It could be early days yet, and the back surface of the 2nd molar will be exposed to the cold, sweet, sour things you eat. Try a desensitising toothpaste. Also, I don't diagnose just off a single Xray like that - I'd like to see bottom teeth as well. The source of pain can be elusive.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have more pronounced pain bending over and going Up & Downstairs? If so, you may have sinus pain which feels like tooth pain.

Many years ago, I had an upper molar case that I felt was not a tooth but a sinus problem. The patient saw me 3 times and I didn't do the root canal she requested. She returned for a 4th visit saying her Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor said her pain was not a sinus problem. I accessed her molar root canal and found it bleeding moderately (healthy pulp) and finished the job. She returned a few days later stating she is having the exact same pain. She went to another Ear, Nose, & Throat doctor who ordered images and sure enough, it was a sinus problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question