Updated All-in Crown Costs

Joe

Would anyone be able to give a sense of the cost of a single crown in North America and around the world? Googling this question, you often get estimates and price ranges that vary wildly due to different materials and procedures, it's hard to find anything specific. I can't seem to find any decent price guide.

I'm currently in Colombia and have a tooth that has a root canal that has now cracked. I went to a modern clinic in my city and was quoted approximately $1,100 (Canadian) all-in cost for a single dental crown. This cost includes a consultation, metal porcelain crown, gold nucleus, surgery and something called 'retratamiento multirradicular'. The cost doesn't seem much lower than in my native Toronto. Any advice?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If your RCT has cracked it is unlikely you'll be able to save the tooth. That phrase " retratamiento multirradicular" along with "surgery" is ominous, and I wonder if they mean some sort of RCT surgery to fix a crack (which is not possible). Can you wait till you get to Toronto? If it's bothering you, ask them to reduce the height of the tooth by ~1-2mm so you don't have to bite with it.

Vote:

Ask a Question