Upcoming Front Implant Surgery

Rob

Hi, I am having implants put in my two front missing teeth soon. I lost my two front teeth due to failure of crowns & also just bad genetics. I'm having the procedure with IV sedation (because I don't tolerate nitrous oxide). Just wondering if anyone else here has had this done, & what should I expect? I've had my wisdom teeth removed, with IV sedation, & that was a fairly easy process to recover from. The dentist told me the initial procedure that places the implants will require a healing period of about 2-3 months, during which time I will still be able to wear my flipper/bridge to conceal the gap in my front. I'm actually looking forward to this because the flipper is VERY uncomfortable to wear for more than a few minutes at a time, & I can't eat with it in at all. Basically it just lets me get through day to day until my procedure. So what can I expect from the procedure pain-wise, & are they usually pretty successful? The dentist told me he had never had one fail yet (knock on wood). It's my understanding that the surgery will involved placing screws in my bone, that will then have to heal & meld to the bone, & after that's completed, then they can just screw in the crowns into those. Is that right?

Ask a Question