Unsure if I need a root canal.

Hi. I was hit in the mouth 11 years ago by a golf club. My front tooth and the one next to it broke. I had gotten a fake section added on to them which eventually fell off because I grind my teeth. I always go to the dentist twice a year and get X-rays. They had never said anything to me about the tooth next to my front (#10) being a problem. I just got xrays done in March and no issue. I just switched dentists and went in for an appointment this week. They took X-rays and told me I had a severe infection in that tooth that has been going on for years. This seems fishy as it has never been a problem before. They were so shocked I had absolutely no pain and throbbing and there was also no bubble above my tooth for where the infection is. Since this is a new dentist I’m not sure if they are just trying to get my money. I don’t know if I should get a second opinion or not. I can’t go back to my prior dentist but don’t want to get a root canal done because i am so young. Any help appreciated.

Ask a Question