uncomfortable crown and problem with the crown

I just had a crown redone, I noticed my crown on my front tooth sits above the gum line from the inside, from the outside it's ok.. so basically from the inside the crown is a bit above the natural tooth structure - I have very few natural tooth left, which sits near the gum line. From the outside I see crown, then gumline.. from the inside it goes crown, natural tooth, then gumline... is this normal?? Should I get this crown redone?

Also I found I'm very sensitive to this crown when I'm tired or sick, is that normal? If I'm healthy, I don't notice the crown as much, but if I'm sick or tired, I sometimes find the crown very uncomfortable? I will be sensitive to one spot where it's not smooth and also the roughness where it connects to the natural tooth. this only happens to this crown on my front top tooth, I also have a crown on my lower front tooth, I don't notice it much at all. what could be causing this? could I have a nerve near the crown or something that gets irritated?? or the root canal needs to be looked at? I had the root canal done like 20 years ago. It could also be just my tongue find the crown irritating and causing me to constantly noticing it.. does anyone else have same issue?

the crown sits above gum line inside is perfectly normal. If the crown just got redone then the dentist mustve looked to see any infection there before the new crown is placed. I think the crown is still new to your mouth so you noticed everything. Give it some time

Vote:
I should add there is one spot in the back of the crown is a bit rough, the dentist says that's where the pocelin wraps around and meets the metal (he says the back of the crown is mostly metal?), is this something he can polish so it's perfectly smooth?

also where the crown meets the tooth inside is also a bit rough..

I already have this crown for 2 months..

Vote:
A good dentist clinically is the one that takes his/her time to meticulously prep and take impression of the tooth and when delivering the crown he would check with xray and every aspects to make sure the crown fit right. Also read reviews about the dentist on google or other directories

Vote:
I probably have the worst dentist, I went back today to have him smooth out the rough spot, he tried a few times I still have a bit roughness in the back of the crown. he said I will always feel some roughness where the porcelain joins the metal in the back of the crown.. all the while he was impatient like he already spent too much time on this already..

would the slight roughness feel smoother over time? I seriously need a new dentist! I wasted my dental coverage on this guy, now if I want to redo the crown I'd have to pay out of pocket..

Vote:

Ask a Question