Unbearable pain on exposed nerve

Hi i'm waiting for an appointment confirmation to perform an extraction on one of my molars which is broken and severely exposing the nerve. However getting dental work in my area takes weeks/months.

The pain was unbearable so i had a temporary dressing put in during an emergency appointment and this has made it much worse, should this be happening? It had nothing on it before the dressing was applied as it would have caused excruciating pain for me. Should something have been done to stop it being placed straight over decay?

This isn't a sensitivity issue it's a 9.5/10 (and i only say that because i've given birth before! Haha) pain scale and it is constant both stabbing and throbbing (i think there's an abcess on/near the root as well they said). I will happily use the word excruciating. Has the dentist done the right thing by putting one on?

Ask a Question