UK treatment during COVID or a dodgy dentist?

STH

I went to the dentist this morning as I have an impacted wisdom tooth which has started to crumble apart and its very painful. They charged me before I went in (Band 1, even though I knew I would probably need removal). They took one X-ray of the effected tooth and didn't look at any of my other teeth or comment on if their were any other issues. He said the tooth has a hole (surprise surprise) and I could either have it removed then (I had driven so couldn't have painkillers/sedation) or call them back in 2 months to arrange it. I actually had to ask if my other wisdom teeth were okay, to which I was told 'well no they're impacted too' and that was it. I was expecting the to at least look for signs of decay on my other teeth? I'm not sure if this was because of Covid and them only dealing with issues, not doing anything routine, or if it is a bad dentist that I should avoid.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Usually if this was a first consult, the dentist should have a look at your entire mouth to formulate a treatment plan.

Vote:

Ask a Question