UK patient, tooth extraction, dentist seems unsure

Solutions
hello
i live in the south uk and went to a "my dentist" for tooth extraction. i went in and had a young man look at my teeth and then tell me that the decayed tooth (top right side, very back of mouth) needed removing. he seemed unsure and that is what is bothering me. throughout the visit he seemed unsure about what he was saying. there was a female assistant there that seemed to be helping him. i am not sure if this guy has much experience. usually in the past when i went to a dentist, they were older and more confident. straight to the point, no fussing on maybe this or maybe that. i am concerned after reading about the problem of removing a tooth like that, that there is a nerve very close and that damage could occur leaving my tongue permanently numb, possibly. what are my options. i am currently unemployed and unable to get nhs. i dont want to have to keep paying money for checkups every week, looking for someone that is confident. when he spoke about removing the tooth he seemed unsure about whether he could do it. that scares me. i have had teeth removed before, needle goes in and then out come the pliers. wrench and done.
what could i do here?
he also says i need three fillings, that one of these fillings will be going into a tooth that has started to turn black. he says that in the future it may cause problems and start to hurt. he lack of certainty is bothering me.
any help, thanks

Ask a Question