Treatment suggestions for tooth #36

Best answers
Hello, hope you are well.

I am a 46 year old male. I have seen 2 dentists in the past week for pain issues with molar #36. (I wanted a second opinion).

Dentist one found no issues on x-ray. Dentist 2 said the tooth is dead. (The same x-rays were taken exactly 7 days apart). I am trying to use my best judgment to decide on a plan.

I am already missing Tooth #46 and #27.

My question is: Will I be able to chew if I extract #36? I would only be able to do my chewing on #34 and #35, on the left side. Tooth #26 will have no opposing bottom tooth if I extract #36. In addition, Tooth #37 will have no opposing top tooth as #27 is gone. (please see attachment from my dentist).

Lastly, I need to have extensive sinus polyp surgery in 3 months. Should that have an impact on my decision? Thank you for reading my post.
20180915_044452.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Best answers
If you take out the 36, it will become annoying to eat. If the tooth is indeed dead, then an RCT and crown is preferable, and that seems to be a good price (depending upon where you are).
You haven't put up any Xrays to view.

Best answers
Thank you for your response. It's helpful. I am in Canada, just outside of Toronto, so it's in Canadian dollars. I suspected it was a good price because I do reasonably trust the guy.

I'll try to obtain both Xrays and post them side by side. My reticence comes from dentists here becoming a little defensive when you question their evaluations. But, it's a health issue at the end of the day.

I appreciate it, MattKW. Cheers.

Ad

Advertisements

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Best answers
And that's why it's using FDI notation for your charting. I tutor at Sydney Uni once a week and see quite a lot of your Canadian compatriots here. I'll await the Xrays - get them in digital form, usually JPG or TIF.

Ask a Question