Treatment for tooth resorption

I chipped my front tooth 1 year ago after a trauma (fell off bike). Since then I have had a root canal and multiple bondings done. Each bonding took about 30 minutes. I am still not pleased with the way it looks. The top portion of my tooth (natural tooth) is much more opaque then my other teeth and the bottom portion that is bonded is more translucent and of a different shade and shape.
I have since switched dentists who recommend a crown be placed. I sought a second opinion from an AACD Accredited Fellow this time. She (accredited fellow) recommended attempting a more conservative approach through internal and external whitening and re-bonding. She said bonding would take a couple of hours as opposed to the other bondings I had done.
However, she was concerned after viewing my x-ray for resorption and recommended a CBCT. I am awaiting the CT. She said that the treatment plan (whitening and bonding) would continue regardless of the results of the CT.
My question is this - would more seemingly abrasive procedures (whitening and bonding) accelerate or be contraindicated if resorption was confirmed? I do not want to make problems worse!
Thank you so much!

Hi.

It's really hard to say without knowing what type of resorption it is. Do you know if it's external or internal resorption?

I have external resorption, but it's caused by my braces. I'm not sure if whitening would have an affect on the resorption.

Ask your doctor and see what they recommend.

Good luck.

JJ

Vote:

Ask a Question