tops of my lower front teeth are worn down

The tops of my lower front teeth are worn down to the point that they show what I assume is pulp. Can these be filled to keep them from getting any worse? There is no pain and nor decay at this point. I am having no problems now but would like to do something before they become a prohibitively expensive problem. It has been suggested that I will need crowns in the future. Can't they just be filled? If I can keep them, aren't real teeth better than anything else?

I was born in china 73 years ago and had rickets as a child. I was told this had a negative effect on my teeth. I have had constant problems with my teeth until at age 50 I had my upper teeth removed and now wear an upper denture (best thing I ever did). I have been a gritter most of my life and used to be a heavy smoker. I have cut down on coffee and now limit myself to one pot a day.

Cheers,
Miles

Attachments

• Dental.jpg
    Dental.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 702
I do, but my dentist has said that I would not damage them further because my present uppers are plastic.

Can't they just be filled and veneers be attached? That would certainly be easier and much cheaper than $1200 a pop for crowns.

Cheers,
Miles

Vote:
The tops of my lower front teeth are worn down to the point that they show what I assume is pulp. Can these be filled to keep them from getting any worse? There is no pain and nor decay at this point. I am having no problems now but would like to do something before they become a prohibitively expensive problem. It has been suggested that I will need crowns in the future. Can't they just be filled? If I can keep them, aren't real teeth better than anything else?

I was born in china 73 years ago and had rickets as a child. I was told this had a negative effect on my teeth. I have had constant problems with my teeth until at age 50 I had my upper teeth removed and now wear an upper denture (best thing I ever did). I have been a gritter most of my life and used to be a heavy smoker. I have cut down on coffee and now limit myself to one pot a day.

Cheers,
Miles
Hi
It seems that you are not taking calcium because our teeth are bone and they need calcium. Try to take a glass of milk or calcium tablets surely you will see better results.
Regards
Fred

Vote:

Ask a Question