Tooth questoin

ok, about 9 months ago I had to get a crown on my front tooth.

My dentist carved away at the tooth bone to create a "V" shaped cone. A crown was fit and everything was fine. However, I bit down on some food and heard a crack. The crown didn't break, but the bone did. The tooth is now unstable where I can wiggle the crown back and forth. When I bite down on food it hurts.

What are my options now?

Depending on how bad!

Wow, it sounds painful and annoying quite frankly, if the crown didn't break it sounds like the tooth structure underneath did, not knowing wether you had a root canal on this tooth or not make a big difference, you didn't mention pain so I wonder if you've had a prior root canal on this tooth. The reason i mention this is because when there's a root canal, generally they place a post and buildup a structure on top of that to create the tooth structure under the crown. If the tooth structure is still acceptable and you see a good dentist that really likes "saving teeth", you might be able to have a post and buildup done and a new crown put on top, the worst part is it's a new crown and you can't reuse it. I'd say go back to the same dentist and see if he's kind enough to discount it since he just had it done.

Vote:

Ask a Question