Tooth pain 10 days after filling

Solutions
went in for gum pain. Basically I felt sharp pain in between teeth/gum area while I was having dinner and thought something is stuck so I used soft brushes to poke which caused a lot of bleeding.

Dentist said I probably hurt myself with the brushes and that salt rinses should help. She said there is very tiny cavity on that tooth which needs a filing. She also said she will open the gum area or something to treat it. I was like ok please treat it and make my gum pain go away.

A filing was done which took 1 hour.

Since the filing last week, my tooth is in pain every time I bite down and also pain in all teeth in the treatment area when I floss. Now this is two types of which I NEVER had before going to the dentist. On top of this, the treatment made no difference to the gum pain what so ever.

Told the dentist about this. She cleaned my gum where I was having pain and that finally made the pain go away. Regarding the tooth pain now, she said 'bite needs adjustment' and that its very 'common'. This made it a bit better where I can at least eat but still causes slight pain. She said pain might still happen after a filing and if its still there for 10 days, come back again.

WHAT UTTER BULLSH#$ !! come back again if the pain is still there after 10 days?? really?

Now I've had filings before and never did I experience pain in the TOOTH a WEEK after the filing. How is it possible that a tooth that never caused pain suddenly starts causing pain after a filing??

I can not eat properly now, I can not bite properly without feeling pain. Flossing makes my teeth hurt.

I have a strong feeling she screwed up something up.

Here are my x-rays. Did I even need a filing? or they just wanted to shell $100 out of me for nothing.

before treatment x-rays:

after treatment x-rays:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Do you perhaps have any post-op x-rays of the filling after it was done. Sometimes after a filling was done, there might be some sensitivity for a day or two, but this should gradually go away, especially if the filling was not deep. If the filling was deep, it might be that the nerve got irritated, leading to pulpitis and pain.
Do you have photos of the area, so that I can see if the gum is inflamed in the area, or swollen or not?
On the x-rays, it doesn't look like you have any fillings that should have gone close to the nerve.

Vote:
Solutions
Good day

Do you perhaps have any post-op x-rays of the filling after it was done. Sometimes after a filling was done, there might be some sensitivity for a day or two, but this should gradually go away, especially if the filling was not deep. If the filling was deep, it might be that the nerve got irritated, leading to pulpitis and pain.
Do you have photos of the area, so that I can see if the gum is inflamed in the area, or swollen or not?
On the x-rays, it doesn't look like you have any fillings that should have gone close to the nerve.

thank you. the bottom x-ray is of the filing after it was done. ok that is a relief to know that the filing was not too deep.

Vote:

Ask a Question