Tooth number 7 loose

Hi, my tooth number 7 is loose and my dentist is recommending extraction followed by implant.

I had non-surgical root canal therapy about 10 years ago with calcium hydroxide treatment followed by bonded composite restoration. I would like to know if there is anyway I can save the tooth. I am attaching x-ray of the tooth.

If I have to do implant how long do they last? Does other tooth get damaged with implant?

Attachments

• Tooth number 7 .jpeg
    Tooth number 7 .jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 40

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I see horizontal separation (fracture) between the crown and the root. Do you see more white than tooth? It indicates the tooth is too fragile and may not last (hope the previous dentist informed you). Unfortunately the tooth cannot be saved. Have an experienced team of implant restorative dentist and surgeon perform your implant. The implant will not damage other teeth. That would be a bridge.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That has worked well for 10 years, but it has come to an end. There is no point trying a post. Extract, and replace with an implant.

Vote:

Ask a Question