Tooth next to bridge is loose....

Just had a three unit bridge fitted on front tooth now my other front tooth is loose next to bridge..Ive had weak bone and gums most of my life so cant get implant..Also tooth next to loose one is little decayed..Can another three unit bridge be done next to my fitted bridge..Basically its my top six front teeth involved.Can you please help with some advice. My dentist is aware but said i have to get my gums healthier but worried tooth may become really loose and fall out...Thanks kelly

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sounds questionable why you would have a bridge if the adjacent teeth were already in poor condition; doesn't leave you many options if things start to fail (as is happening). Maybe you're not suitable for bridges, and might have to consider a partial denture.

Vote:
Sounds questionable why you would have a bridge if the adjacent teeth were already in poor condition; doesn't leave you many options if things start to fail (as is happening). Maybe you're not suitable for bridges, and might have to consider a partial denture.
No sorry adjacent teeth holding the bridge are fine its the next tooth on the other side that little loose.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
No sorry adjacent teeth holding the bridge are fine its the next tooth on the other side that little loose.
Yes, i think I understand that the teeth holding the bridge are OK. But if the tooth next to the bridge fails due to foresight, then you have a difficult problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question