Tooth Issues Next to Extraction Site

Hi,

I am a 50-year-old woman. 7 weeks ago, I had all four wisdom teeth removed, along with the upper left molar directly next to my upper left wisdom tooth; therefore, 5 teeth in total.

Aside from two dry sockets in the lower sites, which healed fine, I’ve had no real issues with the extractions. Until now….

About two weeks ago (5 weeks post extraction), I noticed that the upper molar next to the two upper extraction sites feels strange—almost like it’s being pressed on. I am constantly feeling this weirdness/pressure in the tooth all day and night. Even more concerning is the fact that, when I chew on that side of my mouth, the sharp pain in the molar is excruciating.

I’ve consulted multiple times with my oral surgeon, his colleague, and my regular dentist. All seem to brush me off and nobody will tell me if this is normal, when it might resolve itself, or what I can do in the meantime.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? I feel that 7 weeks post extraction should be enough time to begin feeling normal. I just want to be able to eat and to live normally without constant awareness of this tooth or the bad pain with shewing. Can anyone give me some information? I would so appreciate it. Thanks.

Good day
Do you perhaps have any post-extraction x-rays that you could share?
Hi!
No, I don’t have any. I can ask my oral surgeon, then I can post here. Might be a day or two. Last time he x-rayed (one week ago), I was told all looked normal. Was given the brush off with no ideas on why this tooth feels so bad.

Any ideas or thoughts you have even in lieu of the X-ray photos would be so welcomed!!

Vote:
Hi!
No, I don’t have any. I can ask my oral surgeon, then I can post here. Might be a day or two. Last time he x-rayed (one week ago), I was told all looked normal. Was given the brush off with no ideas on why this tooth feels so bad.

Any ideas or thoughts you have even in lieu of the X-ray photos would be so welcomed!!
x-ray would be most welcomed if you can get your hands on it. Might help in giving you more info from us

Vote:

Ask a Question